UR Storm

Post your decks, ask for suggestions, constructively criticize.

UR Storm

Postby Lectrys » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:30 pm

This thread is for discussion of Noble UR Storm decks of all Nobles!

Here are two sample UR Storm decks from me. One has Past in Flames as its Noble, and the other's Noble is the soon-to-be-released Epic Experiment:

Noble Past in Flames
Noble
1 Past in Flames

Lands
4 Gemstone Mine
1 Sandstone Needle
7 Island
2 Mountain

Spells
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
4 Manamorphose
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Rite of Flame
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Seething Song
2 Lotus Petal
4 Grapeshot
3 Lightning Bolt

Sideboard
3 Empty the Warrens
4 Echoing Truth
4 Dispel
4 Early Frost

The Epic Noble Storm
Noble
1 Epic Experiment

Lands
4 Gemstone Mine
1 Sandstone Needle
7 Island
2 Mountain

Spells
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
3 Peer Through Depths
4 Manamorphose
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Rite of Flame
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Seething Song
2 Lotus Petal
4 Grapeshot

Sideboard
4 Echoing Truth
4 Dispel
4 Early Frost
1 Lightning Bolt
2 Flaring Pain

The Epic Experiment build is highly dependent on resolving multiple Grapeshots but is immune to common graveyard hate like Relic of Progenitus, while the Past in Flames build can afford to combo off on only one Grapeshot but is vulnerable to graveyard hate. The Past in Flames build can play around counterspells like Spell Pierce more easily.

The uncommon in both builds is the wonderfully mana-fixing Gemstone Mine. IMO, it is highly underrated in Noble Storm decks of all kinds and allows one to run more blue mana sources without compromising on ritual colour sources. It has tested better than Mystical Tutor for me.

Does anyone else have any UR Storm builds they would like to share? Different Nobles (Diminishing Returns seems like a viable unbanned Noble)? Different flex slots? Different uncommons? Anyone?
Lectrys

Re: UR Storm

Postby mandroid » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:36 am

What I would like to see is a thread where we attempt to list all of the cards in the format that storm uses, then break it down by color and rarity. I'm just interested in the kinds of skeletons that storm builds with and potentially getting a card count from each deck posted in the forum (and there have been a lot of them). I can maybe build some kind of application for counting to save time. Then we'd just provide the links to it and it would give us an accurate count cause tappedout has standardized presentation for the decks.
Custom card set: http://www.magicmultiverse.net/cardsets/229

Noble decks: http://tappedout.net/users/mandroid/mtg-deck-folders/

If you want to play Noble over the net, PM me and we can work out the details. I am interested in establishing a metagame.
mandroid
Site Admin

Return to Decklists