Noble Survival Aggro

Post your decks, ask for suggestions, constructively criticize.

Noble Survival Aggro

Postby Lectrys » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:33 pm

This thread is for aggressive decks with Survival of the Fittest as their Noble--the sort of decks that would play Vengevine if it were common or uncommon instead of mythic rare.

Here is my UG Survival Aggro deck:

UG Noble Survival
Noble
1 Survival of the Fittest

Lands
4 Evolving Wilds
8 Island
10 Forest

Creatures
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wild Mongrel
2 Aquamoeba
2 Merfolk Looter
1 Waterfront Bouncer
4 Basking Rootwalla
3 Arrogant Wurm
1 Wonder

Spells
4 Careful Study
3 Daze
4 Mana Leak
4 Rancor
1 Snap

Sideboard
3 Spell Pierce
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 Faerie Macabre
1 Weatherseed Faeries
1 Thornwind Faeries
1 Golgari Brownscale
1 Shinen of Life's Roar
2 Echoing Truth
1 Coast Watcher

The uncommons are 3 Arrogant Wurm and 1 Wonder. Pitch the Wonder, search for some creature with Madness, and profit from flying beats thanks to your Island count!

Due to Wizards not releasing awesome common mana dorks, Llanowar Elves are the prime mana dorks in this build.

This deck has a generally favourable match-up against aggro thanks to its swarm of evasive beats, and does not entirely fall over to combo thanks to its counterspells. (On the other hand, it couldn't quite get past my Keeper of the Nine Gales Noble deck pre-board due to its swarm of flying Birds and its ability to constantly bounce Arrogant Wurm or whatever was trying to wear Rancor.)

IMO, this is one of the top-tier decks in Noble, so why not try it out and see what you think?
Lectrys

Re: Noble Survival Aggro

Postby mandroid » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:33 am

I have been in the habit recently of converting decks i have sitting around for standard rules set into Noble decks, and I have a u/g madness shell that will work perfectly by adding survival. I guess I'd need to take out stuff like roar of the wurm, but I would think about dropping blue altogether as well for black, especially with the new set coming up. I mean, on the preview side we haven't even seen many commons yet, just important ones and tons of rares to hype it up, so the b/g version will probably get a shot in the arm.
Custom card set: http://www.magicmultiverse.net/cardsets/229

Noble decks: http://tappedout.net/users/mandroid/mtg-deck-folders/

If you want to play Noble over the net, PM me and we can work out the details. I am interested in establishing a metagame.
mandroid
Site Admin

Return to Decklists