Aggro Loam

Post your decks, ask for suggestions, constructively criticize.

Aggro Loam

Postby LordUrsus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:38 pm

This is a Life from the Loam Noble deck that seeks to win a massive war of attrition.

Noble: Life from the Loam

Uncommons:
2 Dakmor Salvage
1 Savage Conception
1 Darkblast

4 Elvish Visionary
2 Golgari Brownscale
4 Stinkweed Imp
2 Tilling Treefolk
4 Werebear

1 Crippling Fatigue
4 Grisly Salvage
1 Moment's Peace
2 Monstrify
4 Mulch
4 Raven's Crime
1 Savage Conception

What do you think?
LordUrsus

Re: Aggro Loam

Postby mandroid » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 am

If you splash red you get access to Barbarian Ring and Flame Jab. Red also lets your deck go in a number of divergent ways, including, but not limited to: grinding opponents out with tremble, raze and army ants while locking the board with flame jab, using faithless looting for fun and profit, and hitting tons of good flashback cards like strangling soot and geistflame. I also went with splashing white for ancestor's chosen in order to give a little bump out of mono-red burn and storm's range. Unfortunately, the downside of this is I run eight ramp and four crop circling (both to fix mana and to get started with the noble), so the lack of consistency is more of less a serious tradeoff.

Also sideboard Constant Mists for a soft lock that most opponents will have a VERY hard time getting around. It's an uncommon, but this deck is so powerful that it's viable to run them main or possibly no uncommons main.

Also, if you decide to go the multicolor route, play full sets of terramorphic expanse and evolving wilds. They fix your mana and provide you several advantages with loam - they give you a start on your loam, you can pitch them to your retrace spells, and they can thin your deck from lands if you can just play it every turn after loaming, which also in turn powers up your cycling lands. Did I mention you should play the cycling lands? Loam then their eot you cycle them away for pure card advantage - this has been a core component of most loam decks since it was first printed. Adding a Haunted Fengraf in can give you a little bit of total inevitability when combined with a creature (another reason I liked Ancestor's Chosen)
Custom card set: http://www.magicmultiverse.net/cardsets/229

Noble decks: http://tappedout.net/users/mandroid/mtg-deck-folders/

If you want to play Noble over the net, PM me and we can work out the details. I am interested in establishing a metagame.
mandroid
Site Admin

Re: Aggro Loam

Postby LordUrsus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Splashing red seems a very good idea, and Constant Mists is a genius addition. With those, my uncommon spread becomes:

1 Dakmor Salvage
1 Barbarian ring
2 Constant Mists
LordUrsus

Return to Decklists