Question: Can lands be nobles?

General forum for Noble topics which aren't covered in other specific sub-forums.

Question: Can lands be nobles?

Postby VTC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm just starting to get interested in this format, and I had a question that I couldn't find a clear answer to in the rules. Is it legal to use a land as your noble card? Also, is it as good as I think it is?

Edit: Saw Dark Depths in the current banned list and felt dumb for not drawing the obvious conclusion earlier.
VTC

Re: Question: Can lands be nobles?

Postby mandroid » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah, I tried this and made this deck with the idea that you draw very few land cards. Your chance of drawing lands are probably close to 12/53 ~ 22% assuming you don't mulligan, which is also a stronger option when playing with this few lands.

Here's my decklist.

Sorcery (21)
4x Chain Lightning
4x Duress
3x Goblin Grenade
4x Hymn to Tourach
1x Reckless Abandon
2x Reckless Charge
2x Sign in Blood
1x Wrench Mind

Instant (4)
4x Lightning Bolt

Creature (22)
2x Goblin Bushwhacker
2x Goblin Cohort
3x Hearth Kami
4x Jackal Pup
3x Keldon Marauders
4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Mogg Flunkies

Land (13)
3x Mountain
10x Swamp

Sideboard (3)
3x Wrench Mind

My sideboard needs some help. I'm thinking about siding out a couple of the sacrifice spells because they are weak against the creature game that midrange wants to play. Maybe some variation on a rat would be good against them, where it makes them discard a card when it etb.
My uncommons are jackal pup because it's a great clock, but is weaker against aggro and midrange.
Custom card set: http://www.magicmultiverse.net/cardsets/229

Noble decks: http://tappedout.net/users/mandroid/mtg-deck-folders/

If you want to play Noble over the net, PM me and we can work out the details. I am interested in establishing a metagame.
mandroid
Site Admin

Return to Noble General